Welcome to my Seattle Rasa Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training!
I invite you to join me, Greta Hill, along with an incredible line up of special guest teachers for a one-of-a-kind journey of transformation through yoga and the art of teaching.
The verbal root of yoga is yuj which means 'to connect, to join, to yoke.' Yoga means connection! In this training we will study the deeper teachings of yoga, both physical & philosophical, to uncover the ways in which this tradition invites us to create more connection to ourselves, to each other and to Source.
In Rasa Yoga we "pulse the opposites" to open ourselves to the full spectrum of life and create a dynamic balance for true health and vitality. Throughout the flow of this training we will explore a broad dance of opposites – form & flow, fire & nectar, art & science, ancient & modern – so that you have a variety of tools to support your life & teaching.
This program is designed to help you integrate the teachings of yoga together with your own embodied wisdom & lived experience to be more empowered as both a yoga practitioner and teacher. Step more fully into your authentic self, whether you wish to teach or not.
What is Rasa Yoga?
Rasa Yoga is a modern yoga school that honors the roots of yoga and is committed to the equity and inclusion of all. We hold space for the transformational journey of yoga and the artistry of life. Our depth of offerings include a soulful fusion of asana, mantra, mudra, myth, pranayama, meditation, functional anatomy, Tantric yoga philosophy, shadow work, and soul alchemy.
Rasa is a Sanskrit word that means “essence, juice, taste, nectar and fulfillment of the soul.”
What will I learn in this training?
Asana, Alignment & Functional Anatomy
Deep practice + embodiment of yoga asana
Breakthrough biomechanics for 108 essential poses
Fire + Nectar Sadhanas for daily growth, transformation + nourishment
Foundational anatomy for yogis
Patterns of movement and fascial health
Functional Anatomy & Movement
Essential practices for spinal health
Working with injuries & Radiant Health
Mantra, Mudra, Pranayama & Meditation
- Learn to practice and teach beginning pranayama (breathing) techniques
- Deep study of mantra and the power of sacred sound
- Exploration of mudra (sacred hand gestures) and how to integrate them into your practice and teaching
- Meditation techniques including mindfulness, present moment awareness, intention based, transcendence, and energized body/mind practice
Sanskrit and Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- History of Yoga, Classical Yoga, and Key Yoga Sutras
- Study of select yogic texts & their key teachings
- Introduction to non-dual Tantric Philosophy
- Understanding the 5 Great Elements for your body/mind/spirit
- Exploration of the subtle body – demystifying Chakras, Koshas, Prana Vayus, and Nadis
- Understanding the 9 Rasas (sentiments) for emotional intelligence
Upaya: Skillful Means for Effective Teaching
- Tools for empowered teaching with Authentic Voice + Creativity
- Art of Theming + 3 Thematic gateways
- Art of Sequencing- Rasa Yoga Sequence Maps
- Art of Holding Sacred Space
- Art of Feedback
- Teaching with Key Actions
- Verbal and physical adjustments
- Demonstrations as a tool for teaching, clarification, and empowerment
- Laser coaching & evolutionary feedback for your teaching directly from Greta
Community Activation & Personal Integration
- The Intersection of Yoga and Social Justice
- Cultural Appropriation + Cultural Appreciation and Reparations
- Anti-racism in Yoga
- Introduction to Shadow Work
- Daily Sadhana (practices) for living in rhythm with nature
- Earth Guardianship & Activation
- Sacred Circle & Ritual
- Private Facebook group for our training & local Rasa community
Plus. . .
- A comprehensive training manual that is yours to keep
- Opportunity to teach community classes following graduation
- Access to my online Soulful Sunday class for the duration of the training
- Continued support for your teaching career
- Yoga Alliance eligibility
- 10% off any of my online course offerings
- Special pricing on Ayurveda Wellness Counseling
Wednesdays (Online): 6-9pm
Saturdays (In Person): 10am-6pm
Sundays (In Person): 9:30am-6pm
My Soulful Sunday class is required for the duration of the training, Oct 20-Feb 20, also on weekends when we are not meeting in-person (class time: 9:30 - 11am)
*dates & times subject to change
I am thrilled to host this teacher training at The Collective, located in South Lake Union (400 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109). This facility not only provides ample space & privacy for our training, but also includes showers, an on-site cafe, parking garage ($5/day), and many options for food and drink within nearby walking distance. Participants in this training will unlock a special offer to join The Collective if you wish.
Our Guest Teachers
Visionary of Rasa Yoga
Michelle Cassandra Johnson
Anti-racism & the Intersection of Yoga and Social Justice
Introduction to Sanskrit
Greta is a sincere student and deep practitioner of yoga, and has been teaching yoga internationally for 25 years. She has mentored with some of the top teachers in the yoga and Ayurveda world and received certification in both Anusara and Vinyasa since she started teaching in 1999. Greta taught yoga extensively in Los Angeles, Bangkok, Brazil and New York before moving to Seattle. She is the Co-Director and a lead teacher for Rasa Yoga and facilitates Rasa Yoga Teacher Trainings, retreats, and online yoga lifestyle courses around the world.
Greta has served as a consultant for a variety of wellness magazines including Yoga Journal. She recently completed a two-year mentorship for shadow work and emotional intelligence. She is dedicated to anti-racism work and to unpacking her own white privilege. Greta's teaching is a heart centered, empowering fusion of form and flow and she is wildly devoted to helping students reclaim their beauty, awaken deep purpose, and cultivate vibrant health through yoga and Ayurvedic lifestyle.
What Past Grads Are Saying
I didn't realize that I had been a Rasa Yogi my entire life until the first day of my 200-Hour Teacher Training with Greta Hill. I felt safe. I felt seen. I felt at home for maybe the first time ever. Greta, the teachings of Rasa, and the dear friendships I've made have been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I am incredibly grateful and humbled by the courageous and heartfelt path that Rasa Yoga has empowered me to walk.
My experience with Rasa Yoga Training was transformative. As a black woman, I was drawn to their active role in social justice and cultural appreciation vs appropriation. Their all-encompassing training program was exactly what my soul needed. My whole world has shifted to higher states of consciousness since I completed their training. Their genuine allyship inspires me to be the best yogi I can be both in teaching and in my own practice. Greta and Sianna are truly a gift to humanity. I’m so grateful to share this time and space with these women.
Greta is a dynamic teacher, who skillfully integrates the yogic philosophy and practices with her experience and wisdom, in a beautiful, meaningful and accessible way. One of the elements of Rasa Yoga that resonates with me is the invitation to embrace all of life, and extract the blessings from life's hardship. I found the training to challenge me in the best of ways, through the various opportunities to play my edges, face my fears, be curious about my discomfort, and know myself on a deeper level, all of which helped me to grow in my personal life and as a teacher of yoga.
sign up with a $500 deposit!
Questions? Please email Naomi ([email protected]) to learn more about the teacher training.
*the required books for this training are not included in pricing
Learn More in the Live Q&A
I shared more about this teacher training and answered questions in an Instagram Live. Get a more in-depth understanding of the program by watching the recording right here.
Five RISE scholarships will be offered for BIPOC students who wish to enroll in this training. The Rise Scholarship is specifically offered to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and reparations for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. Recipients of the scholarship will receive up to 50% off the full price of the training. In order to apply, you must fill out an application. Applications can be found here.
Are you a member of The Collective?
Collective members qualify for a 15% discount on this training. If you wish to use this discount, please email Naomi ([email protected]) with proof of membership & to sign up.